Arlington Woods Church Summer Intern
Arlington Woods Church Summer Intern:
This position is open to individuals ages 15-30 as a part of the Canada Summer Jobs (CSJ) funding initiative. This position is paid for through the CSJ initiative to help give students experience working in roles that might not otherwise be available to them.
The Arlington Woods Church Summer Intern will prepare and assist the running of summer events and activities for children, youth, and families, and assist with various administrative tasks in the office. In this role, the Assistant will have a chance to develop leadership skills and be mentored by the Family Ministries Pastor and other church leadership.
If the intern is a Bible College or Seminary student, there would also be opportunities available for preaching, planning, and leading several services in addition to the responsibilities listed below. For all in-person activities and services, the intern must remain in compliance with Ottawa Public’s Health’s guidelines which include wearing a mask and maintaining social distancing.
- Assist Family Ministries Pastor in the running of activities for children including: set-up, planning and implementing activities, organizing materials and supplies
- Serve on Sunday mornings by teaching children, leading children in group discussions, and providing supervision for children during our in-person morning kids ministry (KIDZONE) which we hope to recommence in June
- Provide direction and support to KIDZONE volunteers (collecting supplies, assisting with children, answering questions)
- Assist Office staff by updating our online bulletin and creating slides, answering the phone, taking messages and other administrative tasks
- Assist with other tasks as needed (for example- custodial duties- particularly during the period when our custodian is away)
- Participate in weekly staff meetings
- Potential to help with painting/re-modelling kids ministry area
- Potential for the intern to have opportunities alongside our Pastoral Care team (for example: visitation)
Please download the complete job description below (in PDF).
Applications can be sent to Pastor Ben Spears at email@example.com.
|NAME||DESCRIPTION||TYPE OF FILE|
|Summer Internship 2021||Employment Notices||Download|